Fried Green Tomatoes
Ever since watching the movie Fried Green Tomatoes with my mom years ago, I always wanted to try the actual recipe. Our version uses a light dredging of coconut flour, and is then fried in bacon grease. The chopped bacon on top is really what makes this dish a hit!
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 2 2 Tomato, green
- 3 3 3 Bacon, strips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cook bacon over medium heat, allow to cool, then crumble.
- Reserve bacon grease for cooking tomatoes.
- Clean tomatoes, and slice into 1/8-inch-thick pieces.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish.
- Dip tomato slices in egg wash, then dredge in coconut flour.
- Sauté tomato slices in bacon fat for 2–3 minutes per side over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crumbled bacon.
Cooking time will vary depending on your stove temperature and the tomato thickness. It is usually best to do a “test” piece with one slice of tomato to gauge adjustments.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week