Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is such a versatile dish to really explore with different spices and flavors. Change things up with this velvety, curried version. This soup is even better the next day - if there's any left over!
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp for roasting squash, 2 tbsp for the soup
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash, 2-3 lbs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 clove 4 clove 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock, or vegetable stock for a vegan option
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Curry Powder
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Peel & cube the squash. Coat with 2 Tablespoons of oil & season with salt. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet & roast for 45 minutes, turning the squash at least once during roasting, so they'll be well caramelized.
- Once finished, remove squash from the oven & set aside.
- In a cast iron pot, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil & sauté the onions. Once they are soft, add in the garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add the roasted squash, coconut milk & stock. With an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add in the curry powder, ginger, lime juice & season with salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls & top with lime zest, a drizzle of coconut milk & cilantro leaves.
Optional: Top with lime zest or cilantro
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week