Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Rice
This creamy chicken and mushroom soup is comforting and delicious. I always loved cream of mushroom soup as a child, and created this recipe so that I could enjoy a healthier version now. This flavorful soup is sure to warm you up on a cool evening.
- 2 quart 2 quart 2 quart Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, diced
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz White Mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Rice, Jasmine, cooked
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour the chicken stock into a large soup pot, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, and celery to the stock.
- Add the chicken thighs to the stock, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, and then turn the heat down to medium low.
- Add the diced mushrooms, and the Super Gyro seasoning, and cook until the chicken can be shredded with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the chicken has cooked for about 30 minutes, remove it from the soup, and shred with a fork, and then return to the soup.
- Add the heavy cream, and turn the heat back up to medium. Allow the soup to bubble and reduce by about an inch, stirring often.
- Once the soup has reduced and thickened slightly, add the cooked rice, and turn the heat down to low.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week