Classic Banana Bread
The classic favorite banana bread is upgraded to be paleo-friendly, and it tastes just amazing!
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.625 cup 0.625 cup 0.625 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Coconut Sugar, or granulated honey; you may sub 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated stevia
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Banana, mashed (be sure to use overripe bananas)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Walnuts, Organic, roughly chopped, or other nut of choice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease or spray an 8.5" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour through sweetener). Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until beaten, then stir in the milk, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Once all of those ingredients are incorporated, stir in the banana.
- Pour the wet (egg/oil/banana) mixture into the dry mixture and stir vigorously until combined.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Check somewhere between the 30-45 minute mark, and if the loaf is browning too fast, cover it loosely with a piece of tinfoil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
It's best to use an oil that is liquid at room temperature. But if you prefer to use coconut oil, make sure it is melted and slightly cooled so that it doesn't cook the eggs when you mix them together. If you prefer to make these into muffins, bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free FODMAP Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.