Cinnamon Crunch Flatbread
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Potato Starch
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Avocado Oil
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Water
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, free range
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Grass-fed, or use ghee
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, and line a rectangular cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, coconut palm sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl and using a fork to stir, combine the avocado oil, water, and egg.
- Sift in the tapioca starch, potato starch, and coconut flour, adding them to your wet ingredient mixture. Combine the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly with your fork. This mixture should be sticky and hold some shape.
- Spread this mixture onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet, evenly distributing the dough and forming a long, flat rectangular, flatbread shape. Note that this dough is super sticky, so I find it easiest to wet my hands and spread and shape the dough by hand. If the dough starts sticking to your hands, re-wet your hands.
- Once the dough is shaped into the rectangular shape and about 1/4" thick, place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove from the oven. Slide the flatbread off of the parchment, and straight onto the cookie sheet (I've found that if it gets left on the parchment paper, the bottom of the flatbread tends to get soggy. Take out the parchment and the bottom will get crispy.)
- Coat the top of the warm flatbread with the softened butter. Then evenly sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over top of the buttered flatbread.
- Place under your oven's broiler (High, if your oven has the option) for a couple of minutes. Watch your flatbread the whole time! This can turn ugly quickly. Let the cinnamon sugar start to bubble all over. Once the sugar is bubbling over the entire flatbread, remove from the oven and let it cool and set. Enjoy!
This is the perfect recipe to add in any of Primal Palate's "Sweet" spices for a little twist!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week