Crunchy roasted almonds drenched in sweet, dark, seductive melted chocolate, rolled in a gentle dusting of pure cacao powder, and then stored in the fridge for the ultimate crunch - what more could you possibly want?! They're creamy yet crunchy, sweet yet bitter, and very addictive.. you've been warned!
- 7 oz 7 oz 7 oz Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 10 Tbsp 10 Tbsp 10 Tbsp Cacao Powder, Raw
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Almonds
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Roast the almonds on a large baking tray for 8-10 minutes at 350F/180C, then let cool completely.
- In a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt together the chocolate and extra maple syrup. You'll need this extra sweetness because of the bitter cacao powder.
- Add the almonds to the melted chocolate/maple syrup mixture and stir well so that every almond is covered in a thin layer of melted chocolate. Set aside.
- Place the cacao powder in a large plastic ziplock bag, then add the almonds handful by handful, then zip the bag shut and shake it like a polaroid picture. Just kidding - a few gentle shakes should do it! Remove the almonds from the bag, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week