Chicken Bone Broth
Not only is bone broth incredibly comforting, but it has a massive amount of health benefits. Taking care of our immune systems is extra important these days and bone broth is a delicious way to do just that. Bone broth provides a great source of minerals, amino acids, collagen and gelatin; all which of course lend to its immune boosting properties but can also improve our skin, sleep patterns, joint health, and digestion.
- 4-5 lb 4-5 lb 4-5 lb Chicken, Whole
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, rough chop
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, rough chop
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ginger Root
- 10 cloves 10 cloves 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion
- 2 2 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season liberally with the Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning. Place in a roasting pan, and roast for about 90 minutes at 375F or until 165F as measured in the thickest part of the breast. Let rest and carve meat off.
- Return bones to the oven and roast for an additional 30 minutes at 350°F to caramelize.
- Rough chop carrot, celery, ginger root, and onion. In a stock pot add the carrot, celery, onion, garlic cloves, peeled ginger root, and roasted chicken bones. Add water to the pot until the ingredients are covered. Add in the turmeric, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10-12 hours. To cut down the time drastically, use an instant pot or pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 70 minutes.
- Drink the broth for a comforting alternative to tea or use as a base for soup.
You can easily make this recipe in a fraction of the time using an Instant Pot. Simply cook on high pressure (Manual mode) for 70 minutes. Couldn't be easier!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Soups Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.