Cherry Almond Muffins
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh Cherries, or frozen, if frozen, defrost. Chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, softened/lightly melted
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, optional, for topping
- If using fresh cherries, pit and chop them, and set aside. If using frozen cherries, remove them from the freezer, and soak in room temperature water so they defrost quickly, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, combine the cassava flour, almond flour, potato starch, maple sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium-low to combine all ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, almond extract, and almond milk.
- Warm the palm shortening so that it starts to melt, but you don't have to melt it completely.
- Pour the palm shortening into the flour mixture, and beat on medium until the batter resembles course sand. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- While beating on low speed, add the liquid to the dry. Once all is combined, turn the mixer onto medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once the batter is fully combined, turn the mixer off.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from your cherries, and give them a chop.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, and fold in the cherries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into a lined cupcake tin.
- Bake the muffins at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, and top with whipped cream, and a cherry if desired.
I topped our muffins with Tillen Farms Merry Maraschino Cherries, which are free of corn syrup and red dye!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week