- 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb 2.5 - 3 lb Pork Shoulder, Cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- pinch pinch pinch Cloves, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 6 clove 6 clove 6 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange Zest
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Orange Juice
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime Zest
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Lime Juice
- 3 - 4 cup 3 - 4 cup 3 - 4 cup Chicken Stock, free range, organic
- Combine the spices (cumin, paprika, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, salt, pepper) in a small bowl.
- Place pork in larger bowl and toss with the spice mixture until well coated.
- Zest the orange (See recipe notes) and lime. Set aside.
- Juice the orange and lime.
- Place pork in a Dutch oven. Add the bay leaves, garlic, zest, juice, and stock to cover the pork.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered until all the liquid is gone.
- Once the liquid has completely evaporated, cook pork until the edges are crispy. Stir frequently so the pork does not burn.
- Serve with lettuce wraps, avocado, chopped tomato, hot sauce.
*Use a Honeybell tangelo in place of the orange when in season. The cook time will vary based on how low the pork is simmering. The slower and lower the simmer, the more tender the pork.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week