Caramelized Broth Brisket (with Beef Jam)
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Brisket, US Wellness Meats' preferred
- 1-2 1-2 1-2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Beef Broth, preferably homemade
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Italian Seasoning, to taste, or a combination of dried basil, parsle and oregano
- Add onions to bottom of shallow roasting dish (I used this but any braising dish will do just as well.)
- Salt, pepper and season both sides of the brisket and place on top of the onions.
- Roast for 90 minutes in a 350 degree oven to cook the onions.
- Add the broth, cover and reduce heat to 325; roast for an additional 4 hours (baste the meat with the broth every 30-60 minutes, if you’re able, until it’s no longer a liquid.)
Enjoy a rich and savory roast that will have you begging for more! The nutrient-dense bone broth will caramelize with the onions and make a sweet jelly-like sauce to spread over your meat. It’s BEEF JAM!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week