Bird’s Nest Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 4 4 Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (click for recipe)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic, to make brown buttercream frosting for the "nests"
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Cadbury Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs, for decoration
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cassava flour, potato starch, salt, baking powder and maple sugar. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg whites, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until smooth and combined.
- Melt 1/4 cup of palm shortening and 1/4 cup of ghee. Add to the batter and stir until smooth and combined.
- Add the batter to parchment-lined muffin tins, using an ice cream scoop. Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes at 350, or until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. While they are cooling, make the buttercream frosting.
- Whip 16 oz of unsalted butter with 1 tsp of vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in 4 cups of powdered sugar, then whip until smoothly combined.
- Using a piping bag with a large round tip, pipe the vanilla buttercream frosting onto the tops of the cooled cupcakes. Smooth with an offset spatula.
- Take the remaining half of the frosting, and mix in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder. Pack in a piping bag fitted with a grass tip piping tip. Pipe the birds nests in a circular shape on top of the cupcakes.
- Add chocolate egg candies (we use Cadbury chocolate mini eggs) to the nests, and serve!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week