“Low and slow” is the only way to prepare a quality beef brisket. Our recipe is cooked for five hours, resulting in tender meat that can be cut with a fork.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a braising pan with the chopped onion.
- Place the brisket over the chopped onion.
- Sprinkle the brisket on all sides with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Place the brisket in the oven and cook uncovered for 1 hour.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the brisket, sprinkle again with additional salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Cover the braising pan with a lid, and cook for a remaining 4 hours at 325 degrees.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week