BBQ Baked Rutabaga Chips
Gluten free BBQ Baked Rutabaga Chips! A healthy flavorful side dish for Summer BBQ’s or any time of year! Rutabaga is a root vegetable that’s easy to bake and cook with! These chips are super tasty, kid friendly, and naturally paleo/vegan! EAT UP!
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Rutabaga, medium size
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp BBQ Blend Spice Mix (click for recipe), (includes smoked paprika, onion, cayenne pepper and brown sugar mix)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450F. Wash and Cut rutabagas into fine slices, about 1/2 in thick or less.
- In a small bowl or ziplock bag, place all your spices and oils.
- Toss your rutabaga chips in the bowl with oil and spices or in the bag.
- Lay them flat on a cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Drizzle any extra oil/spices on top of the chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning them half way.
- Bake longer or shorter for texture to be more or less crispy.
- Top with feta if desired, more pepper/sea salt, and a dash of lime juice
* Optional topping - feta crumbles and fresh lime
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week