Your family and friends will be very happy. So this recipe really is an easy barbecue brisket to make at home.
- 7 lb 7 lb 7 lb Beef Brisket, trimmed of excess fat (for Dry Rub)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Salt, or kosher salt (for Dry Rub)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Garlic Powder, (for Dry Rub)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Paprika, (for Dry Rub)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chili Powder, (for Dry Rub)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, (for Dry Rub)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp White Pepper, (for Dry Rub)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Raw Honey, (for Basting Sauce)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup wheat-free Tamari, (for Basting Sauce)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, (for Basting Sauce)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- The day before, trim any excess fat from the beef brisket so there is no more than a half inch depth of fat. Score the remaining fat using a diamond shape so the scoring cris-crosses the brisket.
- Place all dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Combine well. Massage the dry rub into the scoring making sure you evenly apply the rub over the whole brisket. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- When ready to start cooking the next day, pre-heat the smoker (following the manufacturer's instructions) to approximately 220 degrees Fahrenheit or 105 Celsius. Prepare the basting sauce.
- Place the beef brisket in the smoker and cook between 200 and 220 Fahrenheit for 4 hours basting with the pre-prepared basting sauce every hour. Remove the brisket and cover with foil. Place the covered brisket back in the smoker an continue to cook for a further 3 hours.
- Remove the beef brisket from the smoker and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce (optional).
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week