Baba Ganoush: Roasted eggplant Dip
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Eggplant
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Garlic, medium sized
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tahini
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 425. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and roast until eggplant is soft: 35-40 minutes depending on the size of your eggplant.
- Let the eggplant cool for a few minutes until you are able to touch it. Peel off the outer skin of the eggplant and place the flesh in a food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic, tahini, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne to the food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- You can serve immediately or cool it in the refrigerator. Before serving drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle fresh basil and sea salt on top if desired.
Roasting time will vary with your eggplant size. Larger ones may take longer to cook and smaller ones may not take as long. Drizzle olive oil and basil on top of the baba ganoush before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week