Sweet caramelized apple filling in a flaky cassava flour crust!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Salted, (filling)
- 5 cup 5 cup 5 cup Apple, organic, peeled and sliced (filling)
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar, divided (2 Tbsp for the filling, 2 Tbsp for the dough)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground, (filling)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Applesauce, unsweetened, (filling)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Butter, Unsalted, cold, cubed (dough)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cassava Flour, (dough)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, dough)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, (dough)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites, beaten (topping)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, (topping)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet and add the apples, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and applesauce. Saute, stirring occasionally, until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, make the dough: Cut the butter, cassava flour and salt together in a medium mixing bowl until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in the egg and coconut sugar.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a 1/4" thick rectangle. Use a knife to cut 2-3 inch slits down the long sides ever 1/2" or so.
- Spoon the apples down the middle and fold the dough over the apples, alternating sides with the strips. Seal with wet fingers and carefully transfer to a baking sheet. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool, slice, and serve.
I use Otto's Naturals brand cassava flour.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week