Apple Streusel Caramel Flatbread
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain Free Garlic Herb Flatbread (click for recipe)
- 4 4 4 Gala Apple, peeled and chopped (for the apple topping)
- 9 Tbsp 9 Tbsp 9 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, divided (4 TBSP for the apple topping, 3 TBSP chilled for the streusel topping, 2 TBSP for the caramel sauce)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, (for the apple topping)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Nutmeg, (for the apple topping)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, (for the apple topping)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Blanched Almond Flour, (for the streusel topping)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar, divided (2 TBSP for the streusel topping + 1/3 Cup for the caramel sauce)
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Coconut Milk, (for the caramel sauce)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, (for the caramel sauce)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Make the flatbread pizza according to the directions (click the ingredient for recipe). Once the flatbread has cooked, remove from oven and add toppings (per ingredients below.) Once all toppings have been added, place back in oven for 5-7 minutes or until done.
- [For the Apple Topping] Peel and chop apples.
- Heat a medium pan over low-medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter begins to melt at spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add apples and maple syrup. Let saute until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and add to flatbread.
- [For the Streusel Topping] In a bowl add almond flour and coconut sugar, stir.
- Cut butter into smaller sections and add to dry ingredients.
- Cut butter into flour until small pea sized pieces form.
- Crumble on top of apples.
- [For the Caramel Sauce] Add coconut milk, sugar and salt to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Let simmer 15-30 minutes until reduced to proper consistency.
- Once reduced, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Let cool slightly, stirring frequently.
- Drizzle over flatbread
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week