With a crispy, sugary crust, this rustic Galette is a great way to enjoy an apple season treat. Take it over the edge by using our new Apple Pie Spice!
- 1.5 1.5 1.5 Apple, Fuji
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, granulated
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Arrowroot Flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced]
- 2 2 2 Egg Whites
- 1 1 1 Egg, plus 1 Tbsp cold water, whisked
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, For crust, optional
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Thinly slice your apples, and place in a large mixing bowl. Season with the lemon juice, sea salt, Apple Pie Spice, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the maple sugar almond flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Add in the palm shortening, and combine with your hands until you have a crumbly dough.
- Add the egg whites to the dough, and knead with your hands until a smooth ball of dough is formed. If your dough is still crumbly, you can add in cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until it is no longer crumbly.
- Dust a sheet of parchment paper with arrowroot flour, and place your ball of dough onto the sheet.
- Flatten the dough into a disk, and dust with additional arrowroot flour.
- Roll the dough into a large round, about 12 inches in diameter, and 3/4 inches thick.
- Arrange the apples in a circular pattern, starting from the outside and working in, making sure to leave about 2 inches of crust around the edge.
- Carefully fold the edges of the crust over the apples. Brush the edges of the crust with your egg wash, and sprinkle with coconut sugar if desired.
- Slide an unrimmed baking sheet under the parchment paper, and place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, turn the heat up to 375 degrees, and bake for a remaining 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week