Air Fryer Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Nuggets were one of my favorite foods as a child. Making them in a healthy way is always a fun treat to relive those childhood memories. We used Pork Panko to "bread" these nuggets in a low carb, paleo way. We added our New Bae seasoning for a kick, and fried them up in the Air Fryer for quick and easy crispy nuggets. (Skip the Honey Mustard and replace with a Whole30 approved condiment for Whole30!)
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Pork Panko
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Primal Palate New Bae Seasoning
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, whisked
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, cut into large pieces
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, spray
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Raw Honey, omit for whole30
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the Pork Panko, and New Bae seasoning in a large, shallow bowl.
- Whisk two eggs in a second large, shallow bowl.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken thighs into large pieces, you will essentially be cutting the thighs into quarters.
- Picking up a few pieces of chicken, dip them in the egg, making sure they are coated on all sides.
- After coating the chicken in the egg, dip into the panko mixture, and coat on all sides. Place the breaded chicken pieces onto one of the parchment lined baking sheets, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Place the chicken evenly into one layer in the bottom of the air fryer, and fry for 7 minutes, then flip, and fry for a remaining 3 minutes.
- Remove the nuggets from the air fryer, and place on the clean parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat the frying step with the remaining nuggets, this should be about 3 batches total.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of yellow mustard with 1/4 cup of good quality honey.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with honey mustard for dipping, and a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week