AIP Peruvian Cilantro Lime Chicken Soup
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless, large
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Chicken Broth, free range
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Green Onion, chopped
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Lemongrass
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, 1.5 inches
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped, fresh
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, himalayan
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Cream
- Cook chicken however you normally do. No need to marinate. I bake mine in the oven.
- Cut cauliflower into large chunks and boil until softened.
- No need to drain water. In two batches, blend cauliflower with 1 c of liquid in food processor until smooth
- Add puree to broth in a large pot over low heat.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté half the green onions, the carrots and the garlic in the oil
- Once carrots are softened, add to pot
- For "curry" blend, chop lemongrass into pieces, zest lime, and peel then grate ginger
- Add to food processor with cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice, and sea salt blend until really smooth.
- For the final step, add the "curry" to soup with coconut cream.
- Stir well and let all simmer together for at least another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot
dairyfree, paleo, autoimmunepaleo, nightshadefree A few notes, I normally don’t make recipes with a lot of ingredients/steps/hard to find items, but in this case I was craving something more challenging. (no pun intended). Lemongrass can be found at your specialty asian stores. (I found it at Superstore) If you cannot find it, you can substitute the zest from one lemon. However, this will not have the same effect. If you substitute ground ginger for the fresh, again you will miss out on the kick and the full effect. Any type of oil will do for the avocado oil. I always use bone broth that I make. And lastly, I do use Aroy D brand coconut cream. One chilled can equals one cup of cream.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week