AIP and Whole30 Breakfast Hash
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups White Sweet Potatoes, (Japanese variety, with the purple skin), dice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, about 8 large sprouts, thinly sliced.
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Yellow Onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. We like a small dice so that the sweet potato cooks faster.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee (or your choice of cooking fat) over medium heat. When hot, swirl the oil and add the sweet potatoes. Stir to evenly toss with the fat, and saute for about 8 minutes. Periodically stir the sweet potatoes so they do not burn.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Trim the bottom of the sprout off, cut in half, then thinly slice.
- Mince about 1/4 cup of yellow onion.
- When the sweet potato gets golden brown, reduce the heat slightly and add the brussels sprouts and yellow onion.
- Continue to saute for 5-7 minutes. Add the Primal Palate Breakfast Blend, and saute for a final 2 minutes.
- Serve alongside your favorite breakfast dishes. We like to enjoy this with bacon and sausage (check for ingredients if following AIP).
The Japanese sweet potato is a nice choice for this dish because it doesn't get as mushy as other sweet potatoes. But any type of potato will work for this dish. Make sure you stir the potatoes periodically so they do not burn.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week