12hr Red Wine Tri-Tip
A very tender, slow cooked, beef dish!
- 5 lb 5 lb 5 lb Beef Tenderloin Tips, Chuck or brisket would work just as well
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Beef stock
- Red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Thyme, dried
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Bay Leaf
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Peppercorns, black and white, use 10-15 assorted pepercorns
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- On the evening the day prior to when you plan to eat the dish, trim the meat if needed and place it in a large bowl or pot. Pour over the beef stock and add wine until the meat is completely covered. Cover with a lid and put it in the fridge to let marinate over night.
- The next day, about 10-12 hours before you plan to eat the dish, place the meat in a slow-cooker, add the rest of the ingredients, and pour over the wine/stock marinade. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- When done, carefully lift the meat out of the slow-cooker, let it rest for a little while, then cut the meat across the grains.
Serve with “Fauxtatoes” or Parsnip mash and some leafy greens.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week