These strawberry tartlets are like a perfect miniature serving of strawberry pie. For these pretty pink fruit tarts, we used a cookie dough crust to hold a few spoonfuls of our fresh strawberry preserves.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic, melted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 3 cup 3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, to grease soufflé dishes
- 1 cup 1 cup Strawberry Preserves
- Make the strawberry preserves at least one day ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond flour, maple syrup, melted palm shortening, vanilla, and salt.
- Lightly grease mini soufflé dishes (approximately 2 inches in diameter) with coconut oil.
- Form thin crusts in the soufflé dishes with the dough.
- Bake crusts for 10 minutes at 325°F.
- Remove from oven.
- Depress the centers with a spoon, and fill with the strawberry preserves.
- Bake tartlets for an additional 10 minutes, and serve.
The crust lining in the mini soufflé dishes tends to rise when cooked. Lightly press the risen crust down, then fill with the strawberry preserves. You can also avoid this, by using slightly less dough to line the dishes.