Mashed Turnips and Parsnips
Pureed roasted root vegetables are a delicious alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. The warm and slightly sweet flavor from roasting these vegetables makes this side dish perfect for a juicy, slow-roasted cut of meat.
- 1 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup Turnips, chopped
- 3 cup 3 cup Parsnip, chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to roast at 400°F.
- Rinse and chop turnips, parsnips, and onion.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out evenly on a roasting pan.
- Roast at 400°F for 45 min.
- Puree vegetables in high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
Keep an eye on these to ensure that they do not burn. It is best to stir them every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.