Leg of Lamb
25 minutes per pound
15 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
When I was very small, I can remember making roast leg of lamb with my Grandy Kyp. She always included me in the process of cooking, and she taught me along the way. For the reinvention of her recipe, we were lucky to have her join us for the cooking, and the eating!
- 1 head 1 head Garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 3-4 lb 3-4 lb Leg of Lamb
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to roast at 325°F.
- Rinse lamb under cold water, place in a broiler pan, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel cloves of garlic and carefully prick the lamb with a knife to stud with the cloves of garlic into the meat.
- In a mortar and pestle, blend thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Rub thyme, salt, and pepper on the lamb.
- Roast at 325°F, 25 minutes per pound to yield a medium-rare roast.
- Serve with Roasted baby carrots.