Fried Quail Eggs with Baby Artichokes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Truffle Salt
- 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 12 Artichokes, Baby Purple
- 1 1 Tomato, heirloom, sliced
- 6 whole 6 whole Quail Eggs
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place a steamer basket in a heavy sauce pan, and fill the bottom with water.
- Rinse artichokes under cool water, and remove tough outer leaves.
- Carefully trim the stems of the artichokes, being sure not to remove too much of the heart, and slice artichokes in half.
- Steam artichokes for 2-4 minutes, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan, and saute to infuse the butter with the garlic.
- Place steamed artichokes into the pan, and saute until browned slightly.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter into a non stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Crack quail eggs into pan, turn heat down to low heat, sprinkle with truffle salt, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Plate artichokes and tomato, and top tomato with fried quail eggs.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.