Flank Steak with Citrus Marinade
12 minutes to 14 minutes
about 1 hour and 14 minutes
Located near the belly of the cow, flank steak is juicy and flavorful, though not known for its tenderness. The citrus marinade pairs perfectly with the flank cut because the acid lends itself well to tenderizing the meat and imparting a sweet flavor. Serve it thinly sliced over simply grilled vegetables for an easy, great-tasting meal.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Raspberry Blush Vinegar
- 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1 Blood Orange, juice
- 2 lb 2 lb Flank Steak
- 1 1 Green Onion, sliced to garnish
- 1 1 Lime, juice
- Combine the fresh orange and lime juice and crushed garlic in a small mixing bowl.
- Add brown mustard and raspberry vinegar to the mixing bowl and whisk all ingredients together.
- Allow steak to marinate for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 20–30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill flank steak for 6–7 minutes per side on medium heat, turning once.
- Serve thinly sliced over grilled asparagus or a bed of spring greens.
- Serve with grilled asparagus.