Fennel and Orange Salad
This salad is all about fun texture counterpoints. The juicy, sweet pop of the orange plays off of the crisp, thinly sliced red onion and crunchy slivered almonds. Thinly sliced fennel finishes the dish nicely by contributing a unique flavor to this great little salad.
- 1 1 Fennel, whole bulb
- 1 1 Radish
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Almonds, slivered
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 2 2 Orange
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Orange Vinaigrette
- Slice fennel, radish, and onion using a mandoline (or slice thinly using a sharp knife).
- Cut orange into bite-sized chunks, discarding the outer skin and inner membranes.
- Toss fennel, onion, radish, and orange with orange vinaigrette.
- Top with a sprig of fennel greens and some slivered almonds.