12 minutes to 15 minutes
about 1 hour and 15 minutes
Ground cumin brings a warm, earthy flavor to these chicken skewers, which nicely compliments the sweet flavor of the bell peppers. The addition of an aioli sauce made from red palm oil really brings this dish together.
- 1 1 Orange Bell Pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20 oz 20 oz Chicken Breast, Skinless
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Palm Aioli
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes, and place in a large ziplock bag.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken, and sprinkle with spices.
- Combine spices with chicken using a spoon or your hands to insure all chicken is evenly coated with the spices.
- Seal bag, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from fridge and skewer chicken and bell peppers, alternating chicken with peppers.
- Grill skewers 12–15 minutes, rotating every 4 minutes.
- Serve with red palm aioli.
To evenly coat chicken with spices, you can seal the bag and massage the chicken through the bag. Then open the bag, and mix by hand to make sure everything is coated.