Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This salad would be the perfect antipasto, that is, if pasta were a part of the paleo diet. We regularly make this salad to take on picnics or for casual midweek dinners on the back porch. Despite having sophisticated flavors, this salad easily “dresses down” for any occasion.
- 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup Cucumber, cut into noodles with a julienne peeler
- 2 cup 2 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Rinse and peel cucumber.
- Use julienne peeler to make noodles from the flesh of the cucumber. Stop when you get down to the seeds.
- Rinse grape tomatoes, slice in half.
- Thinly slice basil, chop oregano, mince garlic.
- Toss all ingredients with the kalamata olives in a medium mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with black pepper.
As an option for this recipe, forgo the olive oil and balsamic vinegar for our balsamic vinaigrette dressing .