For a few years after college, I lived in Washington, D.C., which happens to be a fantastic place for enjoying blue crabs. During my time there, I had the pleasure of eating many, many crab cakes. These crab cakes bring a taste of Maryland to your dinner plate.
- 1 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 16 oz 16 oz Lump Crab Meat
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Seafood Mustard Sauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crab meat, egg, mayo, shallot, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Form crab mixture into cakes, about the size of the palm of your hand.
- Place cakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of cakes with additional Old Bay seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top crab cakes with the mustard sauce and serve.
- Garnish with parsley, fresh chives, or a lemon wedge.