Chorizo Beef Tongue
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 oz 3 oz Beef Tongue
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place beef tongue in a crock pot, pour over 1-2 cups of water, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove from crock pot, and carefully removed the thick skin from the tongue (it helps to use a fork).
- Using two forks, shred the beef tongue.
- Place shredded tongue into a cast iron skillet and turn on to medium heat.
- Combine all spices in a small mixing bowl. (Save extra in a small bag or empty jar.)
- Pour chorizo spice over meat and stir until seasoned equally.
- Add water or left over broth from the crock pot as needed to help mobilize the spices, a little goes a long way.
- Start with a quarter cup of liquid and stir.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.