Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream
2 hours and 30 minutes
2 hours and 40 minutes
I am a complete sucker for chocolate ice cream . . . all things chocolate actually. This flavor already has the chocolate thing going for it, but is enhanced even further with the addition of delicious, creamy almond butter.
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic, sifted
- 3 3 Egg Yolk
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B
- Combine all ingredients (except almond butter) in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
- When ice cream is almost finished, add almond butter to ice cream maker, and continue to process.
- Serve with sliced banana and chopped almonds if desired.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.