Cherry Balsamic Pasta
- 1 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1 Onion, diced
- 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar - Cherry
- 14.5 oz 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, Fire-Roasted (Muir Glen)
- 1 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 sprig 1 sprig Fresh Basil, minced
- 1 sprig 1 sprig Fresh Oregano
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the stem of the spaghetti squash with a sharp knife, and cut the squash in half, longways.
- Scoop out the seeds, and place squash on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
- Heat a large soup pot on medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the pot, followed by the garlic and onion.
- Add the ground meat and stir constantly, breaking up the chunks of meat and making sure the garlic and onion do not burn.
- Once the meat is browned and the onion and garlic are translucent, add the balsamic and continue to stir.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, the diced fresh tomato, salt, and pepper, and continue to stir until all is evenly combined.
- Add the basil and oregano, and stir to combine.
- Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer until the spaghetti squash is finished.
- Once the squash is cooled a bit, scoop out the inside with a fork, to plate the dish.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.