Light and creamy asparagus soup is a great dish for spring. Perfect for slightly chilly evenings, this soup will bring warmth and fresh flavor to your table.
- 1 quart 1 quart Chicken Stock (Free Range, Organic)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 lb 2 lb Asparagus, ends removed, and chopped
- 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Prosciutto, diced, for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Chives , minced, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in coconut oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the asparagus to the pot, and cover with the chicken broth.
- Cover the pot with a lid and boil the asparagus until soft and tender.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, sauté prosciutto for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor, or high-speed blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour into soup bowls and sprinkle with ground pepper, prosciutto, and chives.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.