Zucchini Crust Quiche
ready in:55 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 3
- Calories: 49
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Protein: 1g
This quiche recipe gets rid of the gluten filled crust of traditional quiches and replaces it with a more nutritious and equally delicious zucchini crust.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat Oven to 425.
- Grease your dish with coconut oil. I used a 9x13" pan and it comes out pretty thin (as you as you can see in the pictures) for a thicker version, use a smaller pan.
- Chop the yellow onion and chop or shred the zucchini.
- Spread the zucchini and onions evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Put in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once that's done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees.
- While your crush is cooling, chop the tomato and spinach.
- Spread spinach and tomatoes over the crust evenly.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the turmeric.
- Whisk eggs (I used a hand blender to get them nice and frothy).
- If your crust is cooled enough (you don't want it to be hot enough to cook the eggs and soon as you pour them in) pour the eggs over everything evenly.
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool before cutting.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.