Zoodles and White Wine Lemon Sauce
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Zucchini
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon Juice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon zest
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Wine
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup fresh Basil, julienne
- Preheat oven to 200 and place paper towels on a baking sheet. Peel the Zucchini and run through the spiralizer.
- Place noodles on the baking sheet and sprinkle with some salt. Place in the oven while you prepare next step.
- Heat a small pan with some olive or coconut oil. Add 1/4 cup diced onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic, lemon zest, juice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Simmer for about two minutes and then add the white wine. Let it simmer on medium high heat until the mixture reduces by half. It will take about 10-15 minutes. Then add fresh basil.
- Pull the noodles out of the oven and take a handful with a paper towel and squeeze out extra water. Repeat with all of the noodles.
- Heat a skillet with oil and add the rest of the onion, cabbage, oregano and the zoodles. Saute until noodles are soft or as your prefer them. About 5-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place noodles in a bowl and top with about 1/4 cup sauce and desired toppings.
*I usually average about two zucchini per a person but that often depends on the size of them. *If you can’t or don’t like cooking with wine than you can use homemade bone broth. I would just put ¾ cup instead of 1 cup of wine. It will yield a different flavor but it is still very good and also very good for you. Optional Toppings for zoodles: Chicken Basil Cherry tomatoes