Winter’s Bounty Paleo Cobb Salad
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Spinach
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Kale
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Celery, chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 0.333 whole 0.333 whole 0.333 whole Avocado, sliced
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Grapefruit, small and cut into slices
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup fresh Cranberries
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Sweet Potato, 4 sliced wedges of small cooked sweet potato
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Slivered Almonds, or 1 oz
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, hard boiled and cut in half
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Ham, (roasted) or turkey or chicken
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Wash fruit and vegetables.
- Dry and slice/chop each into 1/4 c to 1/3 cup servings.
- Toss cranberries in 1 tsp coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl or small serving bowl, arrange your greens and top with vegetables, avocado, and fruit.
- Leave the meat, egg, sage (optional), and almonds for last.
- Add cracked pepper and sea salt on top to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar or a creamy avocado dressing.
I used 3 1/2 cups of loose winter greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard, etc). I used white or yellow grapefruit. They have a great sweet/tart balance. **Optional: 1 or 2 sage leaves This works great as a large salad for one hungry person or 2 smaller salads. Makes 3 if you are wanting to use as a side dish. If you are wanting to make this vegan, simply replace the egg and meat with tofu and/or tempeh. It's delicious!