Warm Spinach Salad with Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, rashers, sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, or Coconut Vinegar (balsamic style)
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Chicken Breast, cubed
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Baby Spinach
- Add bacon to a large fry pan on medium and cook for 5 minutes until the bacon has started to crisp. Remove from the fry pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and sea salt and cook on low hear for 15-20 minutes until is starts to soften. Next add the coconut sugar and coconut vinegar, mixing through the onions. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the onions are caramelized.
- Next add the chicken and mushrooms and turn the heat back up to medium. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Once cooked through, add the bacon back to the fry pan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove from the fry pan and add to a salad bowl with the spinach.
- Add your preferred dressing and mix through.
This is my go to vinaigrette. Ingredients- - 1/4 cup coconut vinegar 'balsamic' style - 1 tablespoon honey - 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard - Pinch of sea salt and black pepper Method - Add ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine