- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Broccoli
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Celery, stalks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, yellow or white
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Leek
- 3.5 cups 3.5 cups 3.5 cups Vegetable Broth, Chicken or bone broth works also
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Coconut Milk, can
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt, + addtl to taste
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- Dice all veggies, keeping the leeks separated from the rest.
- In a soup pot, melt 2 tbs coconut oil on low-med heat. Stir in garlic and saute for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Add in veggies (except for leeks) and saute for 15 mins, stiring frequently, until they start to become tender.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tbs coconut oil on medium heat. Saute leeks in this pan, stiring frequently, until they become tender.
- Pour your leeks, broth, milk and all seasoning into a large blender and process until well combined. It should only take about 1 min.
- Once the soup pot veggies have started to soften a bit, pour the broth into the pot and stir well to combine.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1-2 hours. The longer you allow this to simmer, the more the flavors will develop. If you are adding in chicken or turkey, do this 30 minutes before you are done simmering.
- Store leftovers airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
OPTIONAL: Add in 1½ lb cubed cooked chicken or turkey