Valentine’s Pop Tarts
These adorable pop tarts are the perfect treat on Valentine's Day or anytime you want to show your love.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the coconut oil and banana in a small saucepan over medium heat until the oil is melted and the banana becomes very soft.
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, a dash of salt, and the melted coconut oil and banana mixture.
- Spread the dough on parchment paper.
- Use another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Freeze the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is freezing make the strawberry filling by putting the strawberries and water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook. 5-8 minutes or until the strawberries begin to break down and become soft.
- Mash them with a fork or you can blend them if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 350 and remove the dough from the freezer.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and peel the dough around together hearts.
- Put a small amount of strawberry filling (1 tsp) on a heart and place another heart on top.
- Use a fork to gently press around the edges of the heart to pinch the pop tart together.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Roll up the scrap dough and repeat the steps above until all the dough is gone.
- This should make around 12-14 hearts using a small cookie cutter.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
9 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel