Valentine’s Pop Tarts
ready in:25 hours
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 262
- Total Fat: 22g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 5g
These adorable pop tarts are the perfect treat on Valentine's Day or anytime you want to show your love.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the coconut oil and banana in a small saucepan over medium heat until the oil is melted and the banana becomes very soft.
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, a dash of salt, and the melted coconut oil and banana mixture.
- Spread the dough on parchment paper.
- Use another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Freeze the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is freezing make the strawberry filling by putting the strawberries and water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook. 5-8 minutes or until the strawberries begin to break down and become soft.
- Mash them with a fork or you can blend them if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 350 and remove the dough from the freezer.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and peel the dough around together hearts.
- Put a small amount of strawberry filling (1 tsp) on a heart and place another heart on top.
- Use a fork to gently press around the edges of the heart to pinch the pop tart together.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Roll up the scrap dough and repeat the steps above until all the dough is gone.
- This should make around 12-14 hearts using a small cookie cutter.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.