Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
A play on classic twice baked potatoes for breakfast
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a couple times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent. After bacon cools, dice into small pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. I used a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around then I cut the middle into three pieces. This makes it easier to remove the middle without breaking the skin.
- Mash sweet potato into skillet. If it is a little undercook, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the bacon bits. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.