Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
ready in:1 hour and 15 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 6
- Total Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Protein: 0g
A play on classic twice baked potatoes for breakfast
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a couple times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent. After bacon cools, dice into small pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. I used a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around then I cut the middle into three pieces. This makes it easier to remove the middle without breaking the skin.
- Mash sweet potato into skillet. If it is a little undercook, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the bacon bits. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.