Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the peppers directly on the medium flame of a gas stove and turn every minute or so, until all sides are slightly charred. If you do not have a gas stove, place the peppers on a baking sheet and broil in the oven, turning every couple of minutes to ensure all side get slightly charred.
- Once the peppers are charred, put them immediately in a covered bowl or a large ziplock bag and allow them to sit approx 5-10 minutes.
- Once the peppers have cooled, gently rub off the skin with a paper towel and then cut a slit down the middle to remove the seeds (I also cut off the tops of the peppers to make it easier)
- Stuff each pepper with 3 oz turkey or chicken and 1 oz goat cheese and place in a lightly greased 3 quart baking dish
- After the peppers are stuffed, pour salsa verde over the peppers
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
Homemade salsa verde recipe: http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/salsa-verde-green-enchilada-sauce/