Turkey and Kale Soup
This recipe came about, because I was making a meal of baby food for our nephew. It smelled so good, that I decided to split the big batch in half, and puree half for our nephew, and turn the rest into soup. It was delicious, and nice change from traditional chicken soup.
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Jasmine Rice, cooked
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Make the chicken bone broth made ahead of time.
- In a soup pot, brown the ground turkey with the ghee (1 tbsp) over medium heat, and season with our Super Gyro Seasoning. (If you don't have our spice blend, season with salt, pepper and oregano).
- Once the turkey is browned, add the vegetables, and continue to cook with the turkey over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Allow to cook until the carrots are tender.
- Add the cooked rice and the broth, and simmer for 15-30 minutes or until serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week