Tomatillo Ranch Chicken
Simple marinated chicken pairs with this zesty ranch tomatillo sauce.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Lemon Juice, plus 1 Tbsp, plus 1.5 tsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, minced, plus 3 cloves
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, plus 1/2 tsp
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper, plus 1/4 tsp
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, light tasting, preferably
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomatillo
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, packed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Parsley, dried
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp dried Dill
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chives , dried
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Mix first four ingredients in a large bag. Add in chicken and in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. If you can't find chicken cutlets, you can buy chicken breasts and then butterfly them.
- While chicken is marinating, mix up the sauce.
- Crack egg into blender then pour in 3/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon dijon and a pinch of salt.
- Mix for 30-45 seconds until mayo emulsifies.
- Once you have a thick mayo, add all remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Pull chicken out of fridge 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Fire up the grill and heat it to medium-high.
- Dip a paper towel in coconut oil and oil up the grill.
- Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve chicken with tomatillo ranch sauce.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.