Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse cucumbers under cold water.
- Lightly scrub with a clean sponge if dirty or still spiny.
- Soak cucumbers in ice water over night (or for 8 hours).
- Sterilize mason jars (and lids) by washing with warm soapy water.
- Rinse, then place in a 175 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Bring the water, white vinegar and pickling salt to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 4 minutes, stirring to ensure pickling salt has evenly dissolved.
- In each mason jar, place 1 clove of garlic (peeled and smashed), 10 peppercorns, and a big sprig of flowering dill.
- Cut the cucumber into wedges and pack jars - leaving a small amount of room to shake the ingredients.
- Pour hot brine into jars, filling to the top.
- Seal the jar tightly, and shake vigorously.
- After jars have settled for 5 minutes, tighten further if possible.
- Refrigerate, and enjoy as soon as 48 hours later. For best results, wait 2 weeks.
Pickles will keep 6-8 months (or possibly longer), if done correctly and kept refrigerated.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.