Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, lightly, beaten
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, (more if you have trouble getting cookies to hold together before baking)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, for garnish (optional)
- reheat the oven to 350F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick pad.
- Add the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or whisk and stir gently until combined.
- In a separate, heat proof bowl, pour the warm melted coconut oil over the honey. This will soften the honey and make it easier to work with. Stir briefly, then add the oil/honey mixture, egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer if possible, or else stir vigorously with a whisk or fork, to make sure all of the wet ingredients are distributed equally throughout the dry ingredients. Add more coconut oil if necessary for the dough to come together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping Tablespoons of dough and press firmly into a ball. Press down slightly into a thick disc and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place 6-8 dough discs on a cookie sheet, leaving at least 2" between each to allow for a bit of spreading.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the base. They will still be very soft.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet, where they will firm up a bit, before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Be gentle, as they will still be soft!
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week (if they last that long), or in the freezer for up to three months.
Makes approximately 15 cookies