cook:20 minutes per pound
ready in:25 minutes, plus 20 minutes per pound
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper, including the body cavity.
- Stuff turkey with pork stuffing.
- Place any remaining stuffing into a baking dish, cover and place in the fridge.
- Rub turkey with duck fat.
- Tuck wings under the breast, and tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Tent turkey with aluminum foil, and place in the oven.
- Roast turkey 20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees, this will be about 5 hours for a 16 lb turkey.
- Place outside stuffing in the oven, uncovered for the last 20-30 minutes of cooking, or until the stuffing is crispy on the tops, and the pork iscooked through.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.