Thai Red Curry Coconut Carrot Soup
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Carrots, cut in large chunks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, freshly grated
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Water
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Coconut Milk, canned and full fat
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime Juice, approx 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Wash the carrots and cut off the root end and chop in to large bite size pieces and add to the soup pot with the bell pepper.
- Saute the carrots and bell pepper for about 3 minutes and then put a lid on the pot and let them cook for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the grated ginger and garlic and stir and then add the water.
- Put the lid back on and let cook for another 10-15 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Add coconut milk, red curry, lime, coconut aminos, cilantro, salt and pepper to the blender and then carefully add in the hot carrot mixture.
- Blend until smooth and then add it back to the soup pot to simmer for a few more minutes and then serve.
Feel free to adjust the thai red curry spice to personal taste