Tacos with Jicama Shells
cook:10 minutes to 15 minutes
ready in:about 45 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 369
- Total Fat: 22g
- Total Carbohydrate: 13g
- Protein: 29g
We love lettuce-wrapped tacos, and taco salads, but with the addition of jicama in place of the typical corn flour shells, you really experience the full effect of a tasty taco recipe. The jicama adds the perfect crunch to this dish!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Guacamole
- 1 1 1 Jicama
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey, or beef
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion, julienned
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Romaine Lettuce, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Cumin
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel jicama and slice as thinly as possible using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Soak jicama slices in cold water for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Place ground beef or turkey in a skillet and cook on medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add seasonings and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pat jicama slices dry, and top with lettuce, meat, game day guacamole , onion, and roasted Roma salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, and serve.
The jicama slices will be much more flexible after soaking in water for 30 minutes, thus making them more pliable for the tacos.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.